Call it the Obama non-enforcement doctrine (hat-tip Mark Levin). Article 1, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution has been shredded.
All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.
Here are the lies being advanced by this lawless president, the left and the mainstream media from Daniel Horowitz of Conservative Review.
1) Every President has taken executive action on immigration. No other president has ever issued amnesty out of thin air or built upon a prior executive action (Dreamers DACA) instead of statue. President Eisenhower actually deported 80,000 illegal immigrants by executive action.
2) Illegal immigrant crossings are down. It’s the 3rd year in a row that they are up.
3) It does not grant citizenship or the right to stay here permanently. But by his royal edict, work permits can be renewed every 3 years (and they will be). Once they get Social Security cards they aren’t going anywhere. Once they get Green cards they’re on the path to citizenship. Social Security cards means these illegals will vote.
4) The action only covers 5 million. It will apply by default to all 12-20 million illegals as well as the millions more who will now come here.
5) They’ll concentrate on deporting felons. In fact he has done just the opposite. 36,000 convicted criminal aliens were released last year. 80,000 criminal aliens caught by ICE weren’t even placed into deportation proceedings.
6) Don’t deport families; Obama plays the family card when in fact he has encouraged illegals to come here and when they do he grants them amnesty, then all their relatives get to come.
7) They have to pay taxes to stay. Almost all illegals lack a high enough income requiring them to pay taxes and in fact, most will received tax credits -the more kids the higher the tax credit.
8) Background checks. This is laughable. Under the DACA program 99.5% of all applicants were rubber stamp approved ~including criminals.
9) They’ll crackdown on illegal immigration at the border. But this is lip service. What good are more agents if they are instructed to turn a blind eye. There is NO promise to build a fence or implement a visa tracking system.
10) Scripture tells us, we shall not oppress a stranger. Obama quoting the Bible, gimme shelter! Illegal immigrants have been the biggest recipients of our generous legal and welfare system. Any oppression taking place is that of the American taxpayer and workers.
Bottom line: you cannot have amnesty and open borders in a welfare state!
Aloha, Mikie ~just a blogger (fightin’ like a girl)
~Psst, tired of politics? Check out Travel in the Categories drop down menu (right side panel) for my blogs posted from interesting locations during my travel adventures.