We’ve all heard a lot lately about health care reform, deficit spending, government promises (my personal favorite is President Obama saying he will not sign any health care bill that raises the deficit one dime), etc.
Coverage of the Tea Party Express Across America and the demonstrations at the Capitol this past weekend gives one hope and encouragement. But here’s SOMETHING SIMPLE YOU CAN DO TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND IT’S EASY! Like the old adage, KISS (keep it simple, stupid).
Call, fax or email your Senators and Representatives today and simply ask them if they are IN or OUT. Click here for contact info on all your reps.
- Sen. Inouye Phone: (202) 224-3934, Fax: (202) 224-6747
- Sen. Akaka Phone: (202) 224-6361, Fax: (202) 224-2161
- Rep. Hirono Phone: (202) 225-4906, Fax: (202) 225-4987
- White House Switchboard: (202) 224-3121 to get connected to any other members of Congress
It’s simple. Tell them if they don’t adhere to these 5 items, they’ll be out in 2010.
TO CONGRESS, THE FIVE PLEDGES
1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.
2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on its citizenry during difficult economic times; therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.
3. I believe more than four decades of US dependence on foreign oil is a travesty, therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas and coal as necessary.
4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why. I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity power over US citizens.
5. I believe America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.