Wake up when the administration back-pedals from any association with ACORN -they’re thick as thieves! Thugs in and around government and politics is nothing new, but the million$ ACORN has received in tax dollars and the BILLIONS they were in line for under the Stimulus Bill demands closer scrutiny.
How did ACORN get so powerful and until now almost untouchable? I’m thinking friends in high places. Here’s a time line:
- In the late 1980s Margaret Talbot who personally led ACORN’s campaign to intimidate the banks into making high-risk loans to low-credit customers, became so impressed with Obama (at the time involved in other community organizing groups) she invited him to train her staff.
- In 1991 after law school, Obama returned to Chicago to head up Project Vote, an ACORN effort whose strategy advocated mobilizing the poor in the form of class warfare against capitalist forces viewed as exploiting labor and oppressing the poor. And it worked! Unfortunately some 400,000 voter registration applications were thrown out in the last election as being fraudulent, and there are currently voter fraud lawsuits pending in 14 states.
- In 1993 Obama joined the Woods Foundation, a non-profit foundation who raised and gave money primarily to non-profit groups involved in housing, the arts and other areas. Obama served along with Bill Ayers (co-founder of the Weather Underground, a terrorist organization that bombed the Capitol in 1971) and remained on the board until 2002 giving hundreds of thousands to ACORN during that time.
- In 1994, Obama represented ACORN in a lawsuit against Citibank Federal Savings Bank. After obtaining settlement ACORN used the funds through it’s subsidiary, ACORN Housing to push the group’s radical agenda to get unqualified buyers home mortgages.
- In 1995 Obama sued the state of Illinois on behalf of ACORN to implement the federal “motor voter” law.
- 1997-2004 Obama as an Illinois State Senator enjoyed support and a long standing relationship with ACORN.
- In 2007 after becoming a US Senator Obama met with ACORN leaders and said
“I’ve been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career.”
He received wild applause from the crowd as he promised that community organizing groups such as ACORN would help shape the agenda for his presidency.
I know this is long and tedious, but it requires your attention, especially as President Obama tries now to distance himself from ACORN in the face of the revelations of corruption and lawlessness throughout ACORN. It’s time for action on your part.
Call or write your Congressional representatives and DEMAND a full investigation into ACORN! FOLLOW THE MONEY ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP and demand that not another US taxpayer dollar goes to this group or whatever new group they’re likely to morph into.