By the way, how’d you like the Federal Government spending $2.5 of your hard-earned money for that Census ad at the Super Bowl? Now that’s money well spend don’t ya think?
Well you can count me out of this American Community Survey bull-crap too! This is the US Census Bureau’s re-engineered decennial (every ten years) census. Re-engineered BTW, is govt-speak for “disguised to make you think it’s a good thing”. But why would you want to tell the government all this stuff???
Here are a few samples takes from the survey:
- In the past 12 months, what were the actual sales of all agricultural products from this property?
- About how much do you think this house and lot, apartment, or mobile home would sell for if it were for sale?
- How much is your regular monthly mortgage on this property?
- Is Person 1 (of all persons that the form asks about) a citizen of the United States
- Does this person because of physical, mental or emotional condition, have difficulty doing errands alone such as visiting a doctor’s office of shopping?
- LAST WEEK, did this person do ANY work for pay, even for as little as one hour?
Then it goes on to ask about income in the past 12 months; wages salary, commissions, bonuses, tips, interest, dividends or income from estates or trusts and on and on.
Strangely what it doesn’t ask is “Are you here on a VISA and if so, when does it expire?” i.e., “Are you an illegal immigrant? Do you have a legal driver’s license?” A few questions like that would be good. Then we’d know just how many undocumented workers still need free health care!
It’s 14 pages of fine print and is supposed to take only 10-15 minutes to complete and all of your information will naturally be kept confidential. Just like the information from a previous census allowed the government to somehow amass the names, addresses and location of Americans of Japanese decent for those cozy internment camps after the US entered WW2.
This is scary too, they are attaching precise GPS coordinates to EVERY home in America. Why? Not worried yet? Try this virtual turnpike to see just what’s possible! Just for fun, try the house you lived in when you were in elementary school.
Anyway, my advise: don’t tell ’em nuttin’!
That’s it for now!
Get Off Your Butts!