The State Dept is seeking approval for information collection like you’ve never seen before -at least not in America. But the 60-day public comment period on Form DS-5513, info required for passport application, seems to have been kept under wraps and it ended Monday, April 25, 2011.
All the comments I saw were pretty much the same, calling it BS. It basically gives government an “at will” power to deny any US Citizen otherwise entitled to a passport. I visited East Berlin before the wall came down and they did it there too. The Govt says it will take about 45 minutes to complete, but in reality, you need a private investigator to complete the questions. Here’s the Biographical Questionnaire and some of what’s required:
- Mother’s residence- 1-year before your birth, time of birth and 1-year after your birth. Complete address required.
- Name of Mother’s Pre-natal doctor and dates of appointments.
- Documents your mother used, if any, to enter the country before your birth?
- Describe the circumstances of your birth (as well as names, address and phone number, if available) of those in attendance at your birth.
- Was there any religious or institutional recording of your birth or event around the time of birth? (example: baptism, circumcision, confirmation or other religious ceremony. Please provide details, location and date).
- Please provide all your residences from your birth to present (complete addresses and dates)
- Please list all of your current and former places of employment -including supervisors name and telephone number!
- All schools attended (same detail required)
But here’s the clincher, “The DS-5513 may also be used as evidence in the prosecution of any individual who makes a false statement on the application…”. Hate to say it, but this one may also rate a call to your Congressional representatives. Ya think?