First thing you should know is that the Federal Govt. has been trying to collect back taxes owed from Mr. Buffett’s company, Berkshire Hathaway for the years 2002-2004 and 2005 through 2009.
The class warfare and the “soak the rich” strategy (BTW, rich is defined by Obama as individuals earning $200,000 or families and small businesses earning $250,000 [uh, wouldn’t that be almost all small businesses??] has become the re-election theme song for the Prez, and Buffett is only too happy to shill for him. But I wish to F_CK he would pay his own damn taxes first!
The hypocrisy of this sort of reminds me of all the other tax cheats from the left in the recent past:
- Timmy Geithner (Treasury Secretary)
- Katheleen Sebelius (Health & Human Services Secretary)
- Senator Tom Daschle (first nominated for HHS and withdrew over tax issues)
- Nancy Killefer (nominated for Chief Performance Officer withdrew her name -same reason)
- Senator Charles Rangle (on Ways & Means Committee which wrote the laws he broke)
- Labor Secretary Hilda Solis‘ husband -but maybe this doesn’t count -she was only married to a tax cheat
- U.S. Trade Representative nominee, Ron Kirk (former Dallas mayor!) agreed to pay up (when caught)
Need I go on? I don’t think so, but please quit with “the rich needing to pay their fair share” already!