“God created men and women in all sizes, but it was Samuel Colt who made them all equal.”
Standing up to Piers Morgan and standing up for your 2nd Amendment rights.
You Go Ted!
How your 2nd Amendment Rights are being squeezed:
- The Supreme Court decisions: D.C. v. Heller & McDonald v. Chicago have since been interpreted as only the right to possess a firearm inside one’s home.
- Foot dragging by the Senate on passing the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act which would treat concealed carry licenses like driver’s licenses across state lines.
- The continuing support by the Obama administration in support of an UN Arms Trade Treaty.
- The ACLU’s position that the 2nd Amendment Right is a collective right rather than an individual right and subject to limitations and removal by Congress or other legislative bodies.
- More and more onerous taxes, registration requirements and fees to license and register guns.
- Some cities bans on firing ranges, gun shops within city limits, etc.
- Confiscation of guns by police (Aug 30, 2005, the day after Katrina hit the Gulf Coast)
- Limits on the number of guns residents can buy
~Psst, tired of politics? Check out the Travel Category (right side panel) for my blogs posted direct from Buenos Aires.