Eenie, meenie, miney, mo . . . . where should I begin or go? Government scandals, that is:
- Congressman Anthony Weiner, resigned after reluctantly admitted sending sexually explicit photos over the internet yet his pension & perks will amount to over 1M$
- Former Senator & Presidential candidate, John Edwards’ -sex scandal and resulting love child
- Congressman Eric Massa, resigned to avoid ethics investigation re: his admitted groping male staffers, but still pays his wife a monthly salary from leftover campaign cash
- Head of the Justice Dept., Eric Holder with his total and complete lawlessness perhaps highlighted but by no means limited to, the Fast & Furious guns to Mexico fiasco in his anti-2nd amendment agenda
- The General Service Administration’s taxpayer butt-reaming (I’m being really nice here) in the form of excessive, lavish entertainment to the tune of over $800,000
- Secret Service Presidential advance team’s whoring in Colombia
Here’s the rub. There are currently four congressional committees holding hearing -at big taxpayer expense into the GSA scandal and here’s fall-guy, Jeff Neely’s reply to Representative Darrell Issa, chair of House Oversight & Govt. Reform Committee:
“Mr. Chairman, on the advice of my counsel I respectfully decline to answer based upon my Fifth Amendment constitutionally privilege.”
Interesting, that sudden interest in constitutionality, none the less he’ll continue to get paid indefinitely while they investigate this and most likely nothing will happen anyway (remember Senator Rangel).
You want to clear up our budget deficit problems? Issue a short, simple decree:
Starting tomorrow, any government department found guilty of wrong-doing with regard to its charge or allegiance to taxpayers will be eliminated forever at the conclusion of the investigation. Period. You will either balance the budget really fast or have an efficient well run government PDQ, maybe both!
~Psst, tired of politics? Check out the Travel Category (right side panel) for my blogs posted direct from Buenos Aires.