Are the President’s kids more important that yours? No of course not, but among the elite it doesn’t matter.
NObama is too
smart crafty and wily to completely cross the line by banning guns. The 23 separate executive actions he will sign contain words and phrases like-
- The administration will issue a memorandum . . . to make relevant data available to the federal background check system
- Address unnecessary legal barriers in HIPAA laws that prevent states from ratting us out
- Improve incentives to share information with the background check system
- Direct Attorney General to review categories of people prohibited from having a gun
- Propose rule making; provide guidance; Launch a safe and responsible gun ownership campaign; Review safety standards; Release a DOJ report on lost & stolen guns; nominate ATF director, Maximize efforts; Issue Presidential Memorandum to CDC to research causes; Clarify that doctor can ask patients about guns; Develop model emergency response plans; Clarify the scope of mental health services Medicaid must cover; Finalize regs on essential health benefits with Affordable Care Act; Commit to finalizing mental health parity regs; Launch national dialogue . . . . bla-blady-bla-bla.
It’s all bureaucratic gobble-di-gook!
It’s gonna be another “feel-good, make work” program that costs a ton of money (we don’t have) and it will accomplish no meaningful change in gun violence but goes a long way to chop, chop, chop away at our liberties.
They will make it more expensive, more time-consuming & more onerous to own, buy and register guns or buy and store ammo. Basically this reduces your ability to protect yourselves against criminals with guns, but far more importantly it’s another step (drip, drip, drip) to disarming the citizenry and removing the last stop-gap between us and tyranny.
What about a whole new way of doing things? Check this out:
Aloha, Mikie ~just a blogger (fightin’ like a girl)