Agenda 21 was the birth child of the UN Rio Earth Summit in 1992– a meeting of the most extreme environmental activists from around the world to deal with the supposed threat of global warming. Watch two minutes and you won’t be able to stop until you’ve seen it all!
Agenda 21 is an anti-American, anti-prosperity, wealth redistribution scheme of the United Nations against our way of life.
The strategy for implementing Agenda 21 is much broader than ever attempted by the environmentalist movement in the past. Soft law changes pushed by The International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) have sucked in states and localities all over the country with bribes of aid or tax breaks, forcing regulations and policies on private businesses and individual citizens to change their behavior and footprint in their jurisdictions.
Hawaii County is a member of ICLEI and very likely your state or municipality is too. How does this affect you or businesses in your area?
- Plastic bag taxes or bans
- Mandatory black boxes in your cars (to track VMT -vehicle miles traveled & and other behavior)
- Budget-breaking mass transit schemes (Honolulu rail, etc.) being pushed locally, state-wide and nationally
- Mandatory smart meters
- Favoring unproven, expensive & usually taxpayer-subsidized green vendors and sole-source contracts (like Hawaii County’s contract in perpetuity with Waste Management)
- The hugely unpopular PLDC (Public Land Development Corp) passed by the Hawaii legislature in 2011 though recently repealed -but still popping up in various other forms with different names)
- The unlawful taking of private property under the guise of eminent domain for “public” use (remember New London, Connecticut?)
Pushing public-private partnerships are evil, costly and a non-efficient use of taxpayer funds for spending our governments cannot afford, all in the name of sustainability. It is the philosophy to bring human beings across the globe under the full control of a narrow human elite and based on entirely socialist control mechanisms.
What it means for America is a lower standard of living, the end of private property rights and a huge loss of liberty.
Aloha, Mikie ~just a blogger (fightin’ like a girl)