Life, liberty and managed care. But according to an article on Politico Obama has also been suggesting that you also have the right to go to college, place your kids in early-childhood education classes (daycare). You even have the right to join the middle class!
Cass Sunstein, the former Obama administration regulatory czar published an op-ed piece saying the president wanted a “second Bill of Rights” alongside the existing one. This 2nd Bill of Rights seems to have come from Roosevelt’s 2nd Bill of Rights, which of course were not constitutional amendments, but policy goals. Among them:
- The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the Nation;
- The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;
- The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;
- The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;
- The right of every family to a decent home;
- The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;
- The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;
- The right to a good education.
And all it takes is more rules and regulations and bureaucracy, fees and costs, policing and red tape & goodbye free choice!
Aloha, Mikie ~just a blogger (fightin’ like a girl)