I bet you cannot watch the entire video:
Apparently there’s been some panic expressed on Twitter over the snafu with EBT cards not working in several states.
- Shit just got real, EBT cards turned off until Govt. Shutdown ends. (Maryland)—
blue goose (@drivethruliquor) October 12, 2013
- EBT is shut down world wide—
*Se~Se* (@SweetKisses_86) October, 12, 2013
- Mom saw a bunch of women crying bc their EBT cards dont work & now they cant feed their kids. Breaks my heart. #governmentshutdown—
emily otero (@emilyymeoww) October 12, 2013
- Wow… Government shut down has started affecting people.. EBT (bridge cards are off) 😓 my prayers go out to the families dependent on them—
#GodIsGood (@DD_McCoy) October 12, 2013
- my friend posted on FB that we now can’t use our EBT Card. Are they going to starve us now? Please help us.— Ms_Realitygirl (@MsHairChic) October 12, 2013
- ebt is down. there’s about to be a muhfckn riot.—
Daddy. (@SayNaiToDrugs) October 12, 2013
- Nationwide EBT shutdown…? Folks can’t eat….This is about to be all kinda bad. Folks about to riot.— RaShad (@ByRaShad) October 12, 2013
Oh and BTW, the government shutdown has NOTHING to do with it. The problem. was at Xerox, the EBT card vendor.
The free cheese is always in a trap
And here’s some angst over diminishing favors due to the government shutdown:
See how soft the govt has made people? What happens when there are no funds to replenish the millions of EBT card accounts? Those on the free cheese might better be working on alternative plans. JP Morgan will be upset too as they make between 31¢ to $2.30 per swipe depending on the state. A study released by the Govt Accountability Institute estimated that since 2004, JPM has collected more than half a billion with contracts in just 18 of the 24 states it has under contract. I think this is called ‘Corporate Welfare’.
Monday 10/14/13 update on EBT fiasco. Walmart slammed with scammers, shelves emptied, full carts of food abandoned.
Aloha, Mikie ~just a blogger (fightin’ like a girl)