Adegbile for DOJ post tough vote for Senate Democrats (by Robert Romano)
The Senate will vote Tuesday on whether or not to confirm Debo Adegbile as the next Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division.
Adegbile is perhaps best known for acting as the NAACP Legal Defense Fund’s litigation director as it defended one of the most notorious cop-killers in our nation’s history, former Black Panther Mumia Abu-Jamal, to keep him off of death row for the murder of Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner in 1981. Debo Adegbile succeeded, and the death sentence was overturned. Get full story here.
That alone makes this a tough vote for Senate Democrats, who will be defending no less than 21 seats in November.
Many, including Faulkner’s widow, Maureen Faulkner, and the Fraternal Order of Police are urging Senate rejection in a vote certain to have political consequences no matter which way members vote.
Make these calls today -Monday! Put heavy pressure on these Senators to do what’s right for America. America first for a change!
- Mark Warner (VA) 202-224-2023
- Mark Udall (CO) 202-224-5941
- Mark Pryor (AR) (202) 224-2353
- Kay Hagan (NC) 202-224-6342
- Tammy Baldwin (WI) (202) 224-5653
- Mary Landrieu (LA) 202-224-5824
- Jeanne Shaheen (NH) (202) 224-2841
- Joe Manchin (WV) 202-224-3954
- Ben Cardin (MD) (202) 224-4524
- Jon Tester (MT) (202) 224-2644
- John Walsh (MT) 202-224-2651
Aloha, Mikie ~just a blogger (fightin’ like a girl)