By the the 1930s car ownership was a middle-class staple, providing the freedom to go wherever they want without getting permission from the government. Fast-forward to 2035 where you will not be able to buy a gas-powered car in California, Washington State, Virginia and Massachusetts (so far). Hat-tip to PJ Media for this and pointing out what the Left does not want Americans to know about EVs (electric vehicles).
- EVs are powered by fossil fuels.
- The batteries of EVs rely on cobalt, the majority of which comes from the Democratic Republic of Congo, a country with deplorable working conditions, especially for children.
- A recent study by an environmental group showed that nearly one-third of San Francisco’s electric charging stations were non-functioning.
- Supporters of this asinine law admit there will be a 40% increase in demand for electricity, adding further strain to the grid and requiring increased costs for power and infrastructure.
- One researcher believes the strain of an EV is like adding 1 or 2 air-conditioners to your home, but an EV requires power all year-round.
- Today 20 million Americans have fallen behind in their electric bills.
- Utility companies will need to add $5,800 in upgrades for every new EV in order to keep up with the demand for power. Naturally they will pass on these costs to all rate-payers.
- The average price for an EV is currently $66,000, up more than 13% in just the last year.
- A 2022 study found that the majority of EV charging occurs at home, leaving those who live in multi-family dwellings (apartments) at a real disadvantage for charging.
- Many drivers charge their EVs overnight when solar power is less available on the grid, thereby consuming even more electricity and at peak rates.
If this doesn’t convince you it’s all a sham. Here are 10 more things EV companies (and the government) don’t want you know about their cars. For example, there have been several incidents & recalls involving electric vehicles. And electrical fires are much harder to put out. Forget saving your car even if you have a fire extinguisher in your car.
It’s all a push to get us out of cars onto public transportation. Public transportation of course, is not available in rural areas so people will be forced into cities where they are more easily manipulated by the never-ending government edicts.
Remember, we’re all in this together! Oh, except for anyone and everyone on the left. They don’t get arrested or prosecuted, and certainly not thrown in jail without any due process as Trump supporters scooped up after Jan. 6th were. The FBI and the DOJ have become Democrat party enforcers, not law enforcement agencies. They are tools of the Biden Administration to punish anyone opposing them. Wake-up sheeple! It’s time for the Great Awakening.
Aloha, Mikie (just a blogger, fighting like a girl)