I was thrilled to see two, full-page ads in the Wall Street Journal recently regarding health-care reform paid for by RethinkReform.com. At $196,000+ a page, that’s some serious commitment to counter the ‘stretch’ Pelosi’s and Harry Reid’s of the world.
But that’s what it’s gonna take. One goes like this:
President Obama to Senate Democrats: “Pass our health care reform and KEEP MAKING HISTORY.”
The next part says:
Americans to Senate Democrats: “Add to our 36 trillion dollar Medicare debt and YOU WILL BE HISTORY.”
I for one appreciate that investment and so should you. Here’s why.
The centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMMS) recently issued an independent analysis of the legislation and eviscerated nearly every single promise the President has made about his health care plan:
- It raises health care costs
- Causes millions of Americans to lose their health care coverage
- Forces millions of Americans to pay fines and still receive no health care coverage
- Causes millions of seniors to lose their Medicare Advantage plans
- Places millions of Americans on welfare
- Jeopardizes Medicare access for all seniors
- Worsens health care access for the poor
The latest CNN poll shows 61% of American now oppose the health, but DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE LENGTHS THE LIBERALS AND SPECIAL INTERESTS WILL GO TO PASS THIS MONSTROSITY!
Here are some of the key people who could prove to be pivotal in any health care vote:
- Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins on the republican side
- Ben Nelson, democratic Senator from Nebraska
- Blanche Lincoln, democrat from Arkansas
- Arlen Specter, democrat
- Joe Lieberman, independent senator
I suggest you call or fax all of them and tell them NOT to vote for the health care bill. Here’s an easy way to do it.
- White House Comments Line M-F, 9-5 EST: 202-456-1111
- White House Switchboard (ask for Senator by name: 202-456-1414
- White House Fax: 202-456-2461
Try to leave a specific message if you cannot reach a live person. It takes perseverance, they don’t really want to hear from you, but don’t let that discourage you. And of course, call the Hawaii Senators too.