February 12, 2013
Ted Nugent, the hard rocking (says he never touched a drink or any drugs and is a national spokesman for DARE), out-spoken American patriot from Detroit known for his staunch conservative values and political views is the invited guest of Texas Representative Steve Stockman at the State of the Union speech tonight.
This gives me the strength and a reason to watch what as usual will be just another campaign speech. He’s going to now pivot to jobs? For the love of God, please don’t put us through that again.
But you can expect the usual props, the sycophants popping up and down like jack-in-the-box bobble-heads, probably even some children (Yum-Yum), and no doubt a few shooting victims. But look for the after speech interviews because I am sure Ted will not disappoint!
And BTW, in case you missed it, here’s a superb, definite but very polite, in your face –your policies stink statement made by Dr. Benjamin Carson to Mr. Obama last week.
Could it possibly be more and more people are getting off their butts? Blacks and others alike have had enough. Let’s hope it snowballs into some badly needed change.
Aloha, Mikie ~just a blogger (fightin’ like a girl)
April 7, 2012
“God created men and women in all sizes, but it was Samuel Colt who made them all equal.”
Standing up to Piers Morgan and standing up for your 2nd Amendment rights.
You Go Ted!
How your 2nd Amendment Rights are being squeezed:
- The Supreme Court decisions: D.C. v. Heller & McDonald v. Chicago have since been interpreted as only the right to possess a firearm inside one’s home.
- Foot dragging by the Senate on passing the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act which would treat concealed carry licenses like driver’s licenses across state lines.
- The continuing support by the Obama administration in support of an UN Arms Trade Treaty.
- The ACLU’s position that the 2nd Amendment Right is a collective right rather than an individual right and subject to limitations and removal by Congress or other legislative bodies.
- More and more onerous taxes, registration requirements and fees to license and register guns.
- Some cities bans on firing ranges, gun shops within city limits, etc.
- Confiscation of guns by police (Aug 30, 2005, the day after Katrina hit the Gulf Coast)
- Limits on the number of guns residents can buy
~Psst, tired of politics? Check out the Travel Category (right side panel) for my blogs posted direct from Buenos Aires.
February 10, 2011
As we have learned, this administration is fairly deft at getting what they want even if Congress, the Supreme Court and ‘We The People’ say differently.
Our 2nd amendment rights are being threatened as Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has announced that the
“Obama Administration will be working hand-in-glove with the United Nations to pass a new “Small Arms Treaty.”
This is naturally couched in terms of fighting terrorism, insurgency, and international crime syndicates (get a clue– secure the border and start profiling those you know are likely to be terrorists!), but it’s really a massive, GLOBAL gun control scheme.
What do you think Ted would have say about ‘Hil’s idea? This Small Arms Treaty will enact tougher licensing requirements (duplication, added cost and paperwork), confiscate & destroy all unauthorized firearms and create an international registry. Our only hope is to stop it in the Senate because the President will never veto this.
According to the Washington Times, he has already by executive order, banned the re-importation of American made M-1 Garand and Carbine rifles used during the Korean War and stored in South Korea. These are considered antique, collector rifles and popular with history buffs and the Civilian Marksmanship Program which has bought them to teach kids about shooting, history and gun safety.
Lest you think this is overblown and unimportant, don’t forget during Hurricane Katrina law enforcement officials went door to door confiscating privately owned, legally registered guns from the public.
Attorney General Eric Holder has said he does not believe the 2nd Amendment gives individuals the right to bear arms. What about you? Take this USA Today pole.