Donald Trump cannot win without acknowledging his flaws.
I’ve been saying this for quite some time, but my reach is small. So I’m going to excerpt from this article I saw today on American Thinker by John Green. No offense to John (we emailed back and forth), but in the interest of time & space I decided not to re-blog the entire article. You can find the entire article on AmericanThinker.com Enjoy and let me know what you think.
He must win bigger than ever before because the fraud has gotten awfully big since 2020.
There’s the “Never Trump” coalition who hate him and refuse to acknowledge his accomplishments, but there is also a growing army of Trump followers who will tolerate no criticism of Trump –the “only Trump” coalition. These groups are equally bad. The “only Trump” deny his failures. There needs to be a discussion of his lapses or the chance for improvement is obscured.
So let’s dig in:
- Trump increased the national debt and left America on a path to financial ruin. The national debt increased by almost $7.8 trillion. Congress passed spending bills, but he signed them.
- He made numerous bad choices in his Cabinet and executive leadership positions. He fired James Comey but allowed the weaponization of the FBI to continue when he appointed Christopher Wray (recommended by Chris Christy).
- President Trump signed the Government Employee Fair Treatment Act, which guarantees back pay to federal employees in the event of a government shutdown. The act ensures that future government shutdowns are little more than a paid vacation for government employees and undermines the ability of fiscal hawks to force spending restraint.
- Donald Trump legitimized Dr. Anthony Fauci. He may be a critic of Fauci now, but during his presidency, he shared the stage with him. He even awarded Fauci a Presidential Commendation along with numerous other employees of the CDC and NIH who lied to us about the pandemic.
- During the COVID pandemic, it was President Trump who unleashed the federal bureaucracy to trample on our civil liberties. With the authority granted them by Donald Trump, federal agencies censored our speech, took away our property rights, and interfered in our medical decisions.
- He had a chance to do away with the most offensive intrusion into our lives by the federal government in a generation: Obamacare. He had a Republican-led House and Senate that had vowed to repeal Obamacare. He squandered the opportunity when he insulted the one squishy senator (John McCain) whose vote he needed.
Our time calls for a great president. We need someone who can achieve durable advancement of our freedom — not fleeting executive orders that can be undone by the next president. That greatness is unachievable without public recognition of Trump’s wins and his willingness to learn from his losses.
The difference between a good athlete and a great athlete is not just natural physical ability. It also depends on the availability of good training and a willingness to be coached.
Remember, we’re all in this together! But remember when the FBI and the DOJ used to be our friends? Not anymore. They are tools of the Biden Administration to punish anyone opposing them. They are pushing for a Civil War. Don’t be goaded into it. Never submit, but keep it peaceful. It’s time for the Great Awakening.
Aloha, Mikie (just a blogger, fighting like a girl)