In todays’ Wall Street Journal – earth shaking new ways to save money brought to you by the Federal Government.
- The Dept of Justice will do it’s part after discovering there are 2 sides to paper by doing double-sided copying and printing!
- The Forest Service will no longer repaint it’s new white vehicles green immediately upon purchase.
- The Army will start packing more soldiers onto R&R flights.
- The Navy will delete unused email accounts.
- A division of the Treasury identified unused phone lines costing $320,000 which can be canceled.
All this only 3 months after Cabinet Secretaries were ordered by Obama to trim the federal deficit by $100M. They are to be congratulated for actually coming up with $102M, but that only scratches the surface of the projected $2 TRILLION deficit. In fact it represents a mere .006% of the total.
My guess is if more of the Feds didn’t have such easy access to OPM (other people’s money), these are things that would have never happened in the first place. The only way to really curtail spending and the blatant largess by the government is to slow down the flow of our money to the Federal Government.
Now Get Off Your Butts!
Bookmark this blog, use it to make your voice be heard & share it.