It’s as plain as the nose on your face: we need term limits! But here’s the rub. Congress will never vote to limit themselves or their power. That too is crystal clear. This is why we need a Convention of States whose focus is limited to these items and these alone:
- imposing fiscal restraints on the federal government
- limiting the power and jurisdiction of the federal government
- limiting the terms of office for federal officials and for members of Congress
And here are just a few illustrations why this is so badly needed. It’s dang hard to find either the House or Senate actually in session more than 2-3 days a week and Congress is loaded up with too many old farts, many of whom are sick, near death or have Alzheimer’s Disease. I’m not kidding!
This from Breitbart:
- Sen. Thad Cochran’s office announced Monday that it his “intention to return to the Senate when his health permits.” Cochran is 79 and would have lost the last election but was propped up by Senate Majority Leader McConnell.
- Sen. John McCain has an inoperable brain tumor. He is 81 and will die before his term expires yet he insists on staying to gum up the works as he did on the recent repeal vote on Obamacare.
- Orrin Hatch of Utah is 83 and can’t seem to call it quits.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein plans to run again and will be 91 at the end of her term if she wins reelection.
- Sen. Johnny Isakson, 72, was away for two back surgeries early in 2017, two years after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
- Sen. Chuck Grassley is 84 years old
- Sen. Richard Shelby is 83
- Sen.Jim Inhofe is 82
- Sen. Pat Roberts is 81
- Sen. Barbara is 81 -and a whole slew of them are in their upper 70s.
And that’s only the Senate! Let’s be honest. Not being ageist or anything but really. Think of your own parents or yourselves if you’re up there in age. How sharp are these people? And wouldn’t they enjoy doing something else (anything else!) besides sitting around micro-managing our lives and running up the national debt?
Go to www.ConventionofStates.com and help us bring power back from Washington DC (District of Corruption!).
Aloha, Mikie ~just a blogger (fightin’ like a girl)
~Psst, tired of politics? Check out Travel in the Categories drop down menu (right side panel) for my blogs posted from interesting locations during my travel adventures.